Musiq Soulchild – Aijuswanaseing - 2000 Modern Soul 2LP
Musiq Soulchild – Aijuswanaseing
Def Soul – 314 548 289-1
2 × Vinyl, LP, Album
VG++ ( light wear ( listen)
Copy but was not Sealed
Hip Hop, Funk / Soul
RnB/Swing, Neo Soul
A1 Scratch Introlude
A2 Girl Next Door
Vocals [Featuring] – AAries
A3 You And Me
A4 Just Friends (Sunny)
B1 Mary Go Round
B4 My Girl
C1 Musiq Soulchild (Interlude)
C3 L' Is Gone
D2 Settle For My Love (Intermission)
Vocals [Featuring] – AAries
D3 You Be Alright
Producer – Jerome Hipps, Kevin Liles, Michael McArthur, Musiq Soulchild*
Etched On Record Side A/B Is: 314 548 290-1 (STERLING)
Etched On Record Side C/D Is: 314 548 291-1 (STERLING)
Barcode and Other Identifiers
Barcode (Scanned): 731454828918
Musiq is talented and funky - and he doesn't seem to be pretentious about it, which is a good thing. Along with the other hot R&B releases of late last year, (Jill Scott, Erykah Badu and Dave Hollister) Musiq fits right in with a blend of Maxwell's sensitivity and D'Angelo's neccesary roughness. The result of this blend of neo-soul is simply splendid. This album (as with most neo-soul) is good from start to finish, but there are always highlights, and here is the Knyte opinion...
1) Girl Next Door - this track is a great way to open the album. All I want to know is who is this new group AARIES? The young woman who sings with Musiq on this track sounds very sweet...and so is the song. Think 'Love & Basketball'.
2) Just Friends - I heard this first on the Nutty Professor II soundtrack. Tight (but you already knew that huh?)
3) 143 - My absolute favorite song on this LP. Favorite. It's all about 143. Listen, listen and listen again...
4) Love - I think this will be a single. Great follow-up to "143".
5) Seventeen - All I can say is this song is scandalous, but leaves an impression. I like it
6) L' is Gone - Tight. Will give you D'Angelo-isms...(Brown Sugar anyone?) but it's still tight - trust me.
7) Settle For My Love - This is a remake of a Patrice Rushen song according to a friend at work...wonderful. Once again, be on the lookout for AARIES...great voice(s).
Among the highlights on a great LP
Love which in my opinion is the best track on the entire 2LP it is one of the most heartfelt, sincere ballads you will hear just check out a verse of this song you will see what i mean
Love so many things I've got to tell you.. But I'm afraid I dont know how. Cause there's a possiblity You'll look at me differently.. Love ever since the first moment i spoke your name. From then on I knew .. That by you being in my life. Things were destined to change cause.. Love so many people use your name in vain.. Love those who have faith in you sometimes go astray. Love through all the ups and downs of joy and hurt. Love for better or worst.. I still chose you first